Hi Guys! I don’t normally like to do negative reviews, but somethings are just THAT bad. And I’d rather tell you my honest opinion on something than have you go out and buy something only to end up hating it. These foundations are in numerical order, 1 being the worst. If you want to see my top picks for the best foundations ever, click here : https://beautybysarahmarie.wordpress.com/2013/02/12/best-foundations-ever/
5. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser: This foundation is marketed as a “treatment makeup”, when in reality they should have just stopped at treatment…kind of. The consistency is that of a slick serum that just sits atop of the skin. It will literally slide off of your skin after about an hour. The coverage is poor and if you have any discoloration/acne, it will not cover it. I cannot speak on the anti-aging effects of this product.
4. Almay Smart Shade Liquid Makeup: If you are naturally blue-tinted, then this foundation is for you! Even when I blend the heck out of this foundation it leaves a blue tint on my skin that looks completely strange. There is also nothing “smart” about this makeup as it merely blends from a blue/white to a light/medium shade on ANY color skin.
3. Revlon ColorStay Whipped: I know there are a lot of people who rave about this foundation but honestly, its way too thick. I usually love full coverage foundations, but this one LOOKS full coverage, which I do not love. Although it is long wearing, its extremely hard to blend out for a more sheer finish, so you’re stuck with it looking incomplete or totally cakey.
2. Neutrogena Healthy Skin: Again, I know a lot of people like this foundation but I can’t stand it. It is supposed to have benefitial ingredients in it for the health of your skin and give a healthy/dewy glow. For me, this just came off as oily/greasy and actually made my skin breakout! The consistency is really thick and when applied to the skin, it becomes really difficult to smooth out using any method of application.
1. Maybelline Dream Nude AirFoam: Not only is this the worst foundation I’ve ever used, it is also the worst makeup product in general I’ve ever purchased. The texture is a weird wet foam that transfers to the skin as a “stain” consistency. The coverage is non existent except for the burnt orange hue it gives your skin. It smells like spray paint and baby powder and is utterly disgusting. Avoid this foundation at all costs.
Thank you for reading! Did any of your least favorites end up on this list?