Hey guys! This post is all about foundations that I love. You should first know that I have very fair normal skin with acne scaring and occasional breakouts. These are in numerical order with number one being the best. If you like this post and want to see the worst foundations ever, click here : https://beautybysarahmarie.wordpress.com/2013/02/11/worst-foundations-ever/
Here we go!
5. Clinique Even Better: This foundation has a staying power like no other. Its hard to describe without actually trying it, but it is like an illuminating stain. It is super blend-able and smooth, but once it sets it stays and the coverage is medium. I wish the shade range was a bit better (the very fair is still quite tan) but thats my only complaint, and even then I can easily make it work with some bronzer down my neck. This foundation claims that it “evens and corrects”; I haven’t noticed any significant improvement, but it definitely doesn’t make anything worse.SPF 15, ($27)
4. Make Up For Ever HD: I love the shade range available for this product (actually all MUFE products) and the smooth finish it offers which is mainly a matte finish with a hint of satin. This foundation has medium-buildable coverage, photographs beautifully and has great staying power. Your skin looks extremely healthy and flawless when wearing this, yet I find that sometimes concealer is needed for any scars. ($42)
3. NARS Sheer Glow: Let me first say that the application of this foundation is key, I like to apply it with a beauty blender sponge. I’m not sure what NARS was thinking, but I would not call this foundation sheer OR glowy, so if that is what it luring you in know that it is medium coverage with a matte/satin finish. That being said, I was lured in by the shade range for fair skin, and that part is amazing. This foundation one of my all time favorites! ($44)
2. Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24hr: This is the best long-wearing foundation I have ever tried. It is perfect for special occasions when you need to look flawless for a long time. I specifically use this for special occasions because it is a little bit heavier than I would like to wear day to day, and the price is on the higher side ($45). But if you work or go to school long hours and want to invest in a high end foundation, this one is it. The shade range is great and the finish is a nice matte/satin and the coverage is medium-buildable. SPF 15.
1. Clinique Acne Solutions: I know this might be a strange choice for the number one best foundation ever, but truthfully I’ve never found one that is better. I have been using this foundation since my sophomore year of high school and it has always been a staple in my collection. It has medium-buildable coverage and offers the most natural and flawless finish ever. I don’t think that it clears my skin like it advertises, but it definitely prevents any new acne. I never have to worry about touching up while wearing this foundation because, like my number five pick, it is sort of like a stain once it sets. The shade range is also good, thankfully they offer one for my very fair skin and the price is reasonable ($27).