Hey Everyone! Today I wanted to share with you my list of the Top 10 Best Perfumes available. Over the years I have tried a lot of different perfumes, and have found that I am drawn to ones that are unique, as well as long-lasting.
When I walk by, I don’t want other people to be able to instantly identify the perfume I am wearing; which nowadays is so easy when everyone wears super popular perfumes like Viva La Juicy. My goal is to intrigue others and to personify the “character” I am feeling like that day. That being said, I find that perfume is a great tool in impressing people with the message YOU want to send. For example, a lot of people say that I look young for my age; so when I need to command respect in a room with people who would otherwise discard me due to my appearance, an extra sophisticated, classic perfume can subliminally change their mind.
With #1 being the most favorite (although they are all very close and I love each one for different reasons), here are the ones that I think are the most unique, long-lasting, and pleasant :
10. Philosophy – Love Sweet Love : is very sweet and innocent. It’s notes include sweet fruits like mango, and light florals. It has a bit of musk as well that makes it not so “childish”. I like wearing this perfume during the day on errands, or even out to lunch. You can get 2 oz for $42 at Sephora.
9. Victoria’s Secret – Sexy Little Things Noir : is the opposite of sweet and innocent. It is feminine in that it has top notes of blackberry and vanilla, but it turns ultra seductive with jasmine, musk, and woody notes. Although I don’t wear this perfume very often, I appreciate its originality, and love wearing it when I want to feel extra sassy. You can get 1.7 oz for $44 at Victoria’s Secret.
8. Dior – Miss Dior Cherie : is young, but smart. It has fruity top notes like cherry mixed with florals like jasmine and rose, and a warm base of caramel and patchouli. I would imagine this to be the perfume of a very young business executive in Paris, who has a youthful love for things like ballet and romance. I enjoy wearing this both day and night. You can get 1.7 oz for $90 at Sephora.
7. Jessica Simpson – Fancy Nights : is one of the most warm and spicy fragrances I have ever experienced. It immediately catches your attention with amber, vanilla, and musk, mixed with seductive florals like jasmine. I like warming up with this on cold winter nights. *this product appears to be discontinued, but you can find it in the 1 oz packaging at Target for $19.99.
6. Burberry – The Beat : is sophisticated with a rock and roll twist. It is woody and musky with unique additions like iris, pink pepper, and tea. I’m not sure how Burberry does it, but something about it just feels british. I like wearing this perfume when I want to feel refined, but a little edgy. You can get 1.7 for $60 at Ulta.
5. Bobbi Brown – Beach : resembles sunblock, but in a really good way. It’s notes of jasmine, mandarin, and sea spray instantly make you feel like its summer and you’re on a warm sandy beach in the tropics. I like wearing this when I need a little summer pick-me-up. You can get 1.7 oz for $67.50 at Sephora.
4. Philosophy – Amazing Grace : is very clean and light. It has notes of musk, freesia, and rose. I wear it when I want to feel ultra feminine and understated. You can get 2 oz for $44 at Sephora.
3. Ralph Lauren – Romance : is extra sophisticated. It has notes of chamomile, ginger, and white musk, mixed with very light florals like freesia and rose. I like wearing this when I want to be taken seriously and command the attention of the room. You can get 1.7 oz for $65 at Sephora.
2. Sarah Jessica Parker – Lovely : is classy, sophisticated, and ultra feminine. It has soft white musk with lavender, and a touch of citrus. It is very intimate and soft, and I like to wear it when I want to invite people to come in closer. You can get 3.4 oz for $68 at Macys.
1. Tocca – Florence : is a perfect blend of white musk, gardenia, rose, and jasmine, with a hint of fruit. When I wear it, I feel like a powerful queen who is just a touch evil. It embodies power, sophistication, beauty, and class; and has become my signature fragrance. You can get 1.7 oz for $68 at Sephora.
Let me know what your favorite perfumes are, and if any of these made your list!